I am Pastor Wayne Sexton, and am 56 years old physically, and 44 years old spiritually. I have and have had only one wife, and we have been married for 35 years with 3 children and 9 grandchildren. I have been involved in church work for most of my adult life, and have now pastored the Ridgeview Baptist Church for the past 14 years.
Proverbs 23:7 teaches that as a man thinketh in his heart, so is he. A logical implication
from this verse is that to truly know a man you must know something of what he thinks.
To help you know me better here are a few of my thoughts:
1. The church is not a place of entertainment, nor the congregation an audience for some religious performer. The church is for praying, singing, exhorting, praising, and teaching and preaching of the Word of God. Man should be humbled and God glorified. Man should decrease and God be increased.
2. The Pastor must follow God in spite of men. Pastoral authority is essential, without which the church will wonder aimlessly in a weak and unstable manner, or be torn in multiple directions from within.
3. Godly church members must be faithful to their church, supportive of their Pastor, loving one to another, submitted to godly authority in their life, and willing to be a servant for God’s glory.
4. All that God has commanded of the church can be fulfilled as it successfully carries out the Great Commission.
5. The first and great commandment, to love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, soul, and mind is just that, the first and great commandment. To make this command a reality in our life eliminates and gives victory to many future spiritual problems and temptations sure to encountered.
6. The pastor must focus on who he can help, and not the others. Many will not allow you to pastor or help them!
7. When the saint loses his “pilgrim and stranger” status, and forgets that all are unprofitable servant s at best, then spiritual calamity is sure to follow.
Although there are many other thoughts I could share with you, I pray the above will prove sufficient to allow some insight as to who and what I am as a preacher and Pastor. May the Lord be glorified out of your life.